Amsterdam Full Time 29-01-2018 req32573 Contract Logistics
Regional Solutions Engineer CAD, Visualisation and Simulation
Amsterdam, Geel (location is flexible)
Are you looking for the next opportunity to design the most successful Warehouse solutions for our Customers?
This role will give you the chance to contribute in growing our Contract Logistics Business supporting our European Solutions teams through designing the best Warehouse layouts and flows. With the help of the creative minds of our employees, we are always a step ahead, developing innovative solutions to meet complex logistics needs.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- You will be working on maybe three or four Warehouse Design projects at any one time, all with set deadlines, producing CAD layouts, 3 D visualisations and simulations
- With the request for support coming from the different European Solutions Teams, you will create designs and simulations with the appropriate data summaries including tables, graphics, maps, charts etc. all which will be inputs to the Contract Logistics Solutions process, and also potentially used in presentations to Customers
- You will identify gaps and anomalies in the Layout Design for feedback to the European Country teams and you will notify of appropriate “benchmarks” or template solutions already in place within our company for re-use
Your skills and experience
- Degree level and experience of a Graduate Training programme or similar
- At least four years working in a variety of warehouse environments – ideally a mixture of operations and solutions design
- Very well developed data manipulation and analysis skills – MS Excel and Access
- Experienced in warehouse layout tools such as CAD and Class
- A good standard of English language – written and verbal
Good reasons to join
Our people and their expertise are the key to achieve our ambition. This role will give you the opportunity to shape processes and solutions every day within a collaborative environment. We are always on the look-out for the next improved solutions or unique idea.
Your input together with our innovative methods and technologies will help us to continue being the logistics player of tomorrow.
Regional Talent Acquisition and Sourcing Manager for Europe
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 76,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com
Reference Number: req32573