Rotterdam Full Time req58159 Freight Forwarding & Customer Service
Trade Development Manager | Rotterdam | req58159
Are you an experience people manager and commercial specialist Seafreight? Do you get energy from being the connection between sales and operations and contributing to the commercial strategy of the Seafreight department? Are you able to bring your trade team to an higher level? Than we are looking for you as our Trade Development Manager
As the manager of the Trade Management Team you and your team are the connection between sales and operations. You are largely responsible for the development of our commercial strategy for the Seafreight business unit. As you are up to date on the market knowledge and trends you make an important contribution to the future growth of this division. Your Trade team consists out of three experienced Trade Managers. They takes care of local purchasing overviews and correct allocation and routing of the orders received. They are responsible for local purchasing of sea freight figures, as well as communication with the Regional-, Corporate Buyers / Trade Managers. When it comes to Market Intelligence, we don’t have to teach you anything. You are the expert! Next to that you are a strong leader and people manager that is able to coach your team and help them develop their skills. You are able to achieve a win-win situation for all parties and reach our corporate goals. We offer a challenging, dynamic role and are looking for a commercial person with knowledge of Sea Freight and experience in Export. Our goal is to gain more exposure, optimize current collaboration and achieve joint targets successfully.
- You will set multiple strategic goals to consolidate or increase the sales and delegate the process towards your team;
- You are able to thinks ahead and formulate ideas to ensure growth, efficiency and quality improvement of the Seafreight department;
- You are aware of trends, market developments and new forms of technology and translates them into innovations;
- You are always well informed about the results, are in control and adjusts if necessary;
- You maintaining contacts with our external customers and the Global Kuehne + Nagel network.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- You have Bachelor degree in e.g. Supply Chain or Logistics;
- You have a minimum of 5 years working experience in a Leadership position;
- Experience in Forwarding/ Seafreight is a must;
- You have a commercial experience within a similar organization;
- You are pro-active, organized and have high ownership;
- You are a true people manager and can coach your team to a higher level;
- You are available for 40 hours per week.
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
Annicka van Erp