Rotterdam Full Time req59864 Freight Forwarding & Customer Service
ISC Value Engineer | Rotterdam | req59864
You get energy from working alongside account owners, stakeholders and our customers. By providing our customers with solutions you are able to add value and set Kuehne + Nagel apart from our competitors. You do this with your strong analytical skills and ability to think in opportunities. If this describes you, please apply for our International Supply Chain Value Engineer (ISC Value Engineer) position.
In the role as ISC Value engineer it is more than analyzing data; the role involves understanding the end-to-end supply chain of our current and potential customers and providing information to enhance the customers Service, value or risk Management. This could lead on to the responsibility of delivering the Value Propositions in partnership with the customer and account owner and owning a project through its lifecycle. As part of the role, you will be developing solutions and tools that have the potential to be used throughout Kuehne and Nagel globally.
- Work directly with Account Owners to ensure all ISC customers have a valid and active customer endorsed Value Proposition;
- Drive innovation, continuous improvement and best practice across all ISC customers;
- Utilize customer’s data, processes, network and information, in conjunction with supply chain tools and techniques such as root cause analysis/whiteboard sessions, to identify supply chain solutions and to improve logistics processes;
- Support Account Management to quantify the respective value of proposed solutions and compile business cases if required to demonstrate the value proposition to their customer(s);
- Deliver key customer projects as required, and agreed with the ISC Manager and Account Owner;
- Champion and educate colleagues on our supply chain capabilities with the aim of generating non-freight revenues and brick walling customers from our competitors;
- Support the completion of customer specific tenders as required. Engage and actively contribute to the knowledge and understanding of the account owners and tender teams, with the aim to develop compelling value proposition that enable us to differentiate from off our competitors, and help our customers to understand “why Kuehne and Nagel?”;
- Establish case studies for identified supply chain solutions to a standard that can be disseminated internally and externally;
- Working with the relevant stakeholders, review and align the ISC proposition in The Netherlands; ensuring opportunities for collaboration are fully exploited;
- Support the Head of Advanced Digital Solutions in the deployment strategy of ESP.Ensuring the voice of the customer is heard and their requirements incorporated within the solution.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- You have Bachelor or Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management e.g.;
- You have a minimum of 3 years working experience in likewise position from which you have a solid understanding of commercial supply chain e.g. lifecycle of a purchase order;
- You are a strong Project Manager with good understanding of ‘process mapping / management’ techniques enabling you to conduct activities such as Continuous Improvement workshops;
- You have a high levels of analytical skills, and an inherently inquisitive nature;
- You are an excellent team worker with the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels;
- You have high energy and are result oriented, you are entrepreneurial.
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.