Vice President Business Development Contract Logistics Western Europe
In this role you are the sales executive responsible to develop existing or new Contract Logistics business within the Region. You coordinate all Business Development actions over the countries and trigger oppurtunities for Focus Accounts and other regional large accounts.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Take part of definition of Contract Logistics strategy in the region: focus services, focus countries, investment plan
- Set personal new business revenue target for the sales force and run performance review at least on a monthly basis
- Trigger opportunities & manage large accounts
- Ensure quality and value generated from RFI/RFQ/RFP documents & solutions
- Validate each proposal over 1 Mio CHF revenue per annum
- Develop strong opportunity pipeline for Focus Accounts and large regional accounts
- Cross-sell Kuehne + Nagel suite of services
- Identify new product opportunities and develop creative solutions to fulfill customer needs
- Maintain close communication with customer and Kuehne + Nagel operations team to assure uniform understanding of customer expectations relative to operational solutions, timeline, costs and results.
Active role in M&A: identify opportunities, potential involvement in due diligence activities
Your skills and experience
- Experience (10+ years) with national sales and account management and proven success in business development for contract Logistics
- Solid understanding and experience of the theory and practice of supply chain management, transportation management in particular.
- Ability to provide clear direction to solution support staff to gather necessary data and implement the right solution.
- Good understanding of regional culture and working environment
- Strong leadership behavior and stakeholder management
- Ability to articulate complex issues to achieve the desired outcomes
- Enthusiastic leader with strong motivational skills, energy and drive
- Ability to initiate Top to Top talks / meetings
- Excellent communication and organizational skills in multi-tasks environment
- Ability to travel (up to 50%).
Good reasons to join
At Kuehne + Nagel, entrepreneurship and an innovative, competitive spirit represent the attitude that sustains us and continues to drive us. We are constantly learning and sharing knowledge for the benefit of the company, our clients and for every single employee.
This role will give you the opportunity to shape processes and solutions every day within a collaborative environment. You will have exposure to diverse teams with great colleagues in a company with longstanding history and financial stability.
Are you interested in this position and do you believe you fit the profile?
We look forward to receiving your response.For more information regarding this position you can contact:
Regional Talent Acquisition and Sourcing Manager, email@example.com
With over 70,000 employees at some 1,200 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on high value-added segments such as IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Learn more >>
Reference Number: req22107