Full Time 14-12-2017 req29488 Airfreight
Vice President Airfreight Procurement and Gateway Manager Western Europe
You are responsible to develop our carrier portfolio, establish regular carrier business reviews and drive procurement programs designed to enhance Kuehne + Nagel’s competitiveness and profitability. You will also be responsible to manage the current gateway (s) within the respective KN region and/or identify new gateway set ups if deemed beneficial for KN.
If you are interested in a multi-disciplinary job and you enjoy working in an international environment, we want to hear from you today. This role supports our desire to think fresh and improve our processes, continuously making them more sustainable, more digital and more client-oriented.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- You review our current carrier policy /usage, and align the regional carrier policy with the Global Preferred Carrier Program (GPC)
- You develop procurement programs to leverage our buying by market / trade / industry, and make recommendations on any pricing / service / routing or carrier which Kuehne + Nagel should consider
- You evaluate the current Gateway network and current set up, and make recommendations that would enhance / streamline our operations
- You evaluate line haul programs feeding/de-feeding the Gateways to look for areas of alignment and leverage that will drive for faster transit times and cost benefits
- You evaluate, propose, and implement the strategy for possible new import and export Gateways
- You define the carrier selection and support the process based on outcome
- You make recommendations of any market programs based on a business plan which details target, and service offerings needed to be market competitive.
- You participate in Customer Meetings and work closely with the Air Pricing Team to develop solutions to establish pricing coverage for any RFQ responses being submitted
Your skills and experience
- Extensive experience in Airfreight Operations
- Solid experience with clear evidences of success in Carrier Management / Airfreight procurement Management
- Robust negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to take independent action and calculated risks while looking for and taking advantage of opportunities
- Strong relationships at senior management levels with carriers
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization may exist;
- Excellent presentation and moderation skills
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Fluent in English – one additional language would be an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office tools
Good reasons to join
At Kuehne + Nagel, entrepreneurship and an innovative, competitive spirit represent the attitude that sustains us and continues to drive us. We are constantly learning and sharing knowledge for the benefit of the company, our clients and for every single employee.
This role will give you the opportunity to shape processes and solutions every day within a collaborative environment. You will have exposure to diverse teams with great colleagues in a company with longstanding history and financial stability.
Are you interested in this position and do you believe you fit the profile? We look forward to receiving your response.
For more information regarding this position you can contact:
Regional Talent Acquisition and Sourcing Manager Europe
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 70,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com
Reference Number: req29488