Full Time 21-12-2017 req30665 Airfreight
Vice President Airfreight Operations Western Europe
Join our highly successful Airfreight team, and be a key contributing member to our businesses.
You will be responsible for ensuring the operational performance of the company by maximizing/utilizing existing systems, processes and people through the development of best practices and programs aimed at driving operational excellence. You will own the wider operational spectrum and develop, implement and manage performance, regulatory, compliance and systems programs to sustain strong operational performance.
If you are interested in a multi-disciplinary job and you enjoy working in an international environment, we want to hear from you today. This role supports our desire to think afresh and improve our processes, continuously making them more sustainable, more digital and more client-oriented.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- You functionally lead and manage the wider group of West European National Systems, Process, Training and Operational management resources
- You ensure deliverables to Customers are met along with Operational Excellence
- You manage the systems support and Development teams (Ciel/Airlog/Other), including training
- You ensure the airfreight teams are compliant with regulatory programs (Security, DGR etc)
- You work together with the Sales organization to coordinate the overall Airfreight Development from an Operational execution point of view
- You work with Branch offices on airfreight processes, including productivity monitoring/initiatives
- You drive performance improvement for all airfreight operational processes including our shared service center (SSC) utilization and Automation
- You are the main responsible for Data Quality, and other operational process, and KPI’s
- You are responsible for new client implementations
- You support client meetings/presentations/QBR’s together with Sales
Your skills and experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Airfreight Operations, in a Freight Forwarding company.
- Solid experience with implementation of Airfreight operational procedures
- Robust negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to take independent action and calculated risks while looking for and taking advantage of opportunities
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization may exist;
- Strong relationships at senior management levels with carriers
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures/manuals
- Excellent presentation and moderation skills
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Fluent in English – one additional language would be an advantage
- Excellent skills in MS Office products, i.e. Excel, and PowerPoint
Good reasons to join
At Kuehne + Nagel, entrepreneurship and an innovative, competitive spirit represent the attitude that sustains us and continues to drive us. We are constantly learning and sharing knowledge for the benefit of the company, our clients and for every single employee.
This role will give you the opportunity to shape solutions every day within a collaborative environment. You will have exposure to diverse teams with great colleagues in a company with longstanding history and financial stability.
Are you interested in this position and do you believe you fit the profile? We look forward to receiving your response.
For more information regarding this position you can contact:
Regional Human Resources Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 74,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com
Reference Number: req30665