Utrecht Full Time 21-09-2017 req27636 Contract Logistics
The Solutions Manager is responsible for working on tenders for international or multiregional warehouse logistics operations in different fields of industry. In addition he/she is working on reengineering projects for existing customers as well as developing of global standards for the solutions engineering community.
He/she manages projects and is responsible for controlling, coordination and leading of individual solution engineers.
This position is based in Utrecht.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Leading the team of up to seven solution engineers;
- Answering warehousing tenders of high complexity;
- Data analysis, evaluation and preparation of results for a further calculation and preparation of a material flow;
- Development of logistics concepts (incl. storage techniques, equipment evaluation, layout and process planning);
- Presentation of the concept in front of the customer;
- Development of tools for optimizing the calculation and project processing;
- Sub-project management (Processes & Operations) for realization and implementation of logistics projects;
- Management and processing of reengineering projects for existing customer businesses;
- Planning and conducting of internal trainings.
Your skills and experience
- More than 10 years of professional experience in contract logistics;
- Several years of experience in conception and calculation of warehouse logistics projects;
- Leadership experience;
- Practical experience in warehouse operations;
- Good understanding of numbers (analytical thinking) and a quick grasp of new tasks;
- Fluent in English;
- Second Language is preferred.
Good reasons to join
Kuehne + Nagel is successful because over 70’000 individuals are engaged and motivated in what they do every day. Our global network creates opportunities for personal and professional development. You can grow your expertise, shape processes and deliver innovative solutions. We look forward to receiving your application.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 70,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com
Reference Number: req27636