Solutions Development Engineer of eCommerce Service
The Service Development Engineer of eCommerce Service is responsible for developing the service offering including components, processes, productivities, warehouse technologies, as well as for solution blueprints of specific service, etc. This person will also have to support SME as well as regional/local various teams with solution design based on defined focus service components and check market developments to develop service components further (“innovation”).
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Define the service component in detail: service description, physical & administrational processes, productivities, IS standards, technical specification (incl investment cost indications), material flow requirements, regional differences (low/high cost countries), standard solution documentation, etc
- Use & apply knowhow in KN standard tools, e.g. GCT, OMD, ICT, etc
- Provide know-how transfer from CoE to SME and local BD/SE/IS teams
- Support SME to define and deliver the standards of a specific service including trainings
- Support SME and local BD/SE/IS teams in tender process by consulting the local teams with the target to win profitable business for KN
- On request check the solution response provided by local teams (e.g. solution design, calculation, assumption, data analysis, technical requirements) as part of the zero failure process
- Embed agreed eCommerce KPI’s within the key site operations and focus countries, assist in data gathering and liaise with KNPS team to produce reports in a timely manner
- On request support operational management in improving existing operations
Your skills and experience
- Educated to graduate level or equivalent in a relevant discipline – eg engineering, logistics or business management
- Minimum 5 years in contract logistics with expertise in the field of solution design
- A working knowledge of information systems as applied to eCommerce and logistics processes
- Solid understanding and experience of the defined focus service
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Experience of working across different cultures.
- Solid understanding of KN standards & tools
- Fluent in English
Good reasons to join
Are you curious to work in a highly motivated team with the aim to bring innovative change to the organization?
We offer roles in development, training and systems support as well as continuous improvement and the key to success is teamwork.
Kuehne + Nagel Management AG
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 70,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com Learn more >>
Reference Number: req24697