Full Time 29-01-2018 req32572 Contract Logistics
Regional Solutions Engineer – Technology Deployment
Amsterdam, Geel (location is flexible)
Kuehne + Nagel is driving through a new strategy to increase the use of applicable technologies, both to improve existing operations, thereby adding value to its existing Customers, and in winning new Customers.
All of these factors combine to create a seriously compelling career opportunity for the very best talent. We seek bright, motivated and ambitious talent who can really help scale our business.
The role is to support the various European Solutions and Operations teams in the identifying potential technology opportunities, liaising with the relevant operators, other internal stakeholders, technology experts and suppliers. You will have a critical role supporting the internal and external ‘sell’, and then potentially supporting the successful implementation of such technologies.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- You will continuously gain and keep up to date with Innovation knowledge: Keeping abreast of new technologies used within KN and those on the future KN development pipeline, through the Central Innovation team
- You will proactively identify small/medium sized opportunities where Technology could be deployed successfully in existing operations
- You will support Operations and Solutions where they feel that an opportunity may exist
- You will create a robust business case that supports or negates the opportunity, through precisely mapping both the current and future processes, productivities, space requirements, quality , and capital/operational costs
- You will support the sell of the technology to both internal stakeholders and external Customers, where required, through well researched, compelling arguments
- Where possible, you will support the creation of pilots to test the suitability of the chosen technology in a relatively safe environment
- You could be working on up to 3 or 4 projects at any one time, all with set deadlines, so prioritisation is important
Your skills and experience
- First or Masters level Degree in Logistics, Automation, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or similar
- Fluent in English, and ideally a second language
- Flexibility of time and location
- At least 6 years’ experience of working in a technology/automation focused environment, ideally across a variety of projects/sites/sectors /Customers
- Project management/implementation experience of technology/automation for at least 4 years
- At least 4 years’ experience of logistics and supply chain operational and solutions engineering management
- Very well developed problem solving, business case development and costing skills, in a complex environment
- Adept in operating at a management level in own, Customers’ and Suppliers’ organisations
Good reasons to join
We constantly seek improved methods of helping our customers, both directly through operational enhancements, and indirectly through greater effectiveness in the systems and professional services that support the business.
Technology is the most encompassing and far reaching trend affecting all aspects of our lives as consumers and as professionals. You contribution in terms of understanding these trends, and analyzing possibilities will be critical to the success of our customers, and the company. You will support the creation of new services along the value chain of our customers.
Regional Talent Acquisition and Sourcing Manager for Europe
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 74,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com
Reference Number: req32572