Full Time 29-01-2018 req32566 Contract Logistics
Regional Solutions Engineer Consumer and Retail Logistics
Amsterdam, Geel (location is flexible)
Are you a Solutions Engineer interested in developing your career with an exciting opportunity to join our Regional Contract Logistics Solutions Team? In this role you will be responsible for the detailed engineering and costings that underpin the logistics solution design activity in our Consumer/Retail Logistics vertical.
You will support the various European Sales and Operations teams in different phases of the solution design process.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Providing technical support and guidance specifically relating to the Consumer and Retail logistics vertical at key stages of a Proposal
- Ensuring a common approach to solutions design, costing and output
- Both coordinating multi country proposals, and on occasions executing single country proposals
- From data definition, collection and specification of requirements for the assigned projects
- Development of logistics concepts and technical solutions for handling, storage and transportation, and calculation of resource requirements and structures
- To application of unit costs and charging mechanisms to create an appropriate cost template to reflect the requirements of the Customer
- Source, research and collate logistics information of specific interest to the Consumer and Retail logistics vertical, such as market intelligence/trends, appropriate standards, typical logistics concepts
Your skills and experience
- Fluent in English, and ideally a second language
- Flexibility of time and location
- First or Masters level Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or similar
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in the Consumer and Retail logistics vertical across a variety of projects/sites/Customers
- At least 6 years’ experience of logistics and supply chain operational and solutions engineering management in an international environment
- Very well developed solutions design, analytical and process design skills, understanding and solving complex problems
- Project management and communications experience across multi country projects, for at least 3 years
Good reasons to join
At Kuehne + Nagel, entrepreneurship and an innovative, competitive spirit represent the attitude that sustains us and continues to drive us. We are constantly learning and sharing knowledge for the benefit of the company, our Customers and for every single employee.
This role will give you the opportunity to shape processes and solutions every day within a collaborative environment. You will have exposure to diverse teams with great colleagues in a company with longstanding history and financial stability.
Regional Talent Acquisition and Sourcing Manager for Europe
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 74,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com
Reference Number: req32566