Full Time 14-12-2017 req28986 Seafreight
Regional Business Analytics Specialist
The Regional Business Analytics Specialist develops new possibilities to use both internal and external (big) data for (predictive) analysis, collects, processes, analyse and examines data sets in order to visualize or report and draw conclusions about the information they contain to enable WEU Seafreight management to make more smarter and proactive business decisions, provide visibility on business and operational performance. Provide support and training in regards to reporting and analytics applications. Work together with the Regional Systems & Processes Team to support with providing required data for system implementation and process improvement projects.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Provide standardized Seafreight Management (regional/National/Branch) reporting packages varying from basic (BI) reporting to advanced (predictive) analytics visualizations or dynamic reporting.
- Provide 2nd level support on issues escalated from National level, SeaSupport and SSC Belgrade.
- Provide training and training material on reporting/analytics tools and applications. Collect, integrate and prepare (big)data, then developing, testing and revising analytical models to ensure that they produce accurate results and if required fixing any data quality errors.
- Support any Regional Systems & Processes Project or Program with required reporting/data analytics.
- Continuously develop process KPI’s to identify where additional business processes should be included to drive change required for the implementation of seafreight operational systems or processes.
- This role works closely with the Program Managers and Project Managers within the Regional Systems & Processes team who will be in the business identifying the needs for Business Intelligence and Business Analytics.
- Define and write functional requirements as required by the business.
- Define system requirements for reporting purposes.
- Attaining access to data sets, testing and implementation new data fields in the Business Objects Universes.
- Support National Process Managers with any reporting requests.
- Do research on possibilities to use internal data and external (big) data for (predictive) analysis providing management the ability to make smart proactive decisions.
Your skills and experience
- Experience with Data Analytics Applications
- Experience with Business Objects (Reporting Applications)
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Training Experience
- Data handling and understanding
- Project Management
- Analytical and able to draw conclusions from data.
- Intercultural competence.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Technical Affinity
- Ability to teach and motivate others.
- Fluent in English.
Good reasons to join
Are you curious to work in a highly motivated team with the aim to bring innovative change to the organization?
If you are willing to go an extra mile and able to quickly adapt to new situations and last minute changes, then you will love working in our regional team, inspired by the motivation of seafreight operations in Western Europe, based in beautiful and vibrant Amsterdam.
We offer roles in development, training and systems support as well as continuous improvement and the key to success is teamwork.
Are you interested in this position and do you believe you fit the profile? We look forward to receiving your response.
For more information regarding this position you can contact:
Regional Talent Acquisition and Sourcing Manager, email@example.com
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 70,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com
Reference Number: req28986