Full Time 09-01-2018 req32023 Airfreight
Regional Airfreight Development Manager
You will ensure the growth of the Business Unit Airfreight by maximizing existing business and through the development of new business via procurement, pricing, sales support, product marketing and customer support strategies. You will train and mentor our WEU Airfreight staff, Airfreight Sales and Key Account managers to support targeted markets and programs. You will develop, guide and steer National Airfreight Development resources; build up regional competencies/teams in line with the strategies of the organization.
This role supports our desire to think afresh and improve our processes, continuously making them more sustainable, more digital and more client-oriented.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- You lead and guide the successful development of Airfreight Programs including planning, execution, and optimization of our Regional Airfreight Development Strategy and Initiatives. (Aerospace, Pharma, and others)You coordinate with Sales Organization on overall Airfreight
- Development ensuring efficient and effective business generation:
-Supporting the implementation of new business
-Supporting RFQ pricing and negotiation with Carriers / Kuehne + Nagel Overseas Offices
- You promote the creation/implementation of new services/solutions
- You Support Pricing (MSR’s / RFQ’s / Lane Development)
- You work with National/Branch offices on Airfreight Development / Carrier utilization etc.
- You participate actively in the Customer Retention Program together with the Sales and Operations
teams,and pursue the delivery of operational excellence to customers by listening to their demands and complaints, promoting and leading changes to improve current process flows and whether necessary, suggesting corrective actions.
- You lead the Air Carrier Relationship Management (
meetings / etc.) reviews/ negotiations
- You travel within and outside the Western Europe region and visit the main existing and potential Airfreight customers together with the respective Sales or Airfreight resources
Your skills and experience
- Extensive airfreight operational experience, ideally in a leadership role.
- Proven success in negotiations with carriers.
- Proven Supply Chain knowledge
- Creative ability in developing Airfreight strategies and solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure with high sense of urgency and manage multiple priorities with confidence
- Strong communication & Presentation skills E.g. presenting innovative solutions to customers.
- Ability to articulate complex issues to achieve the desired outcomes
- Enthusiastic leader with strong motivational skills, energy and drive
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor in Business Administration is a plus
Good reasons to join
At Kuehne + Nagel, entrepreneurship and an innovative, competitive spirit represent the attitude that sustains us and continues to drive us. We are constantly learning and sharing knowledge for the benefit of the company, our clients and for every single employee.
This role will give you the opportunity to shape processes and solutions every day within a collaborative environment. You will have exposure to diverse teams with great colleagues in a company with longstanding history and financial stability.
Are you interested in this position and do you believe you fit the profile? We look forward to receiving your response.
For more information regarding this position you can contact:
Regional Talent Acquisition and Sourcing Manager
With over 74,000 employees at some 1,200 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the
Reference Number: req32023