Consumer Development Director Contract Logistics
Reporting to the Global Vertical Leader Business Development Consumer, the Consumer Development Director will be responsible for the Global operational account management of selected Consumer accounts.
The mission of this position if fully focused on the successful management of the whole business development process starting from identification and development of business opportunities and continuous renewal of the multi-regional Customers within the Consumer Vertical closing with the contract signing.
To fulfill this mission this role requires a Customer service excellence approach ensuring continuous improvement of the service offering.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Manage 6 of the Top20 global customers accounts
- Maintain existing business relationships through continuous client follow-up with corporate Focus Customers
- Regularly collect, follow and analyze the latest market and industry trends, news, relevant information and statistics by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements and tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments and develop scenarios to capture customer needs and to drive business development
- Develop pursuit materials, prepare presentations and regularly present at client meetings, industry exhibits, trade shows and conferences
- Lead the Business Development process for selected accounts or by geographical area including identifying, developing, defining, negotiating and contract signing
- Lead the continuous improvement of the service offering by:
-Monitoring the developments of the respective service in the consumer vertical
-Identifying and capturing of customer demands
-Collaborating with the Kuehne + Nagel Core Services and Innovation Group to implement customer demands into the existing service offering
- Support on defining and rolling out the vertical business development strategy/go-to-market Contract
- Logistics strategy to fulfill agreed targets
- Foster a close cooperation of Contract Logistics Consumer and service experts (within Kuehne + Nagel)
- Work closely with corporate executives (e.g. account sponsors) and senior managers at Kuehne + Nagel, e.g. by organizing and hosting service related business development workshops with country/ regional Business Development communities
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor Degree in Logistics, Engineering and Economics
- Master Degree is preferred
- Working experience in Contract Logistics and in Fast-moving consumer goods field (8+ years)
- Intercultural competence
- Leadership Experience (5-8 years)
- Project Management Experience (2-5 years)
- High level familiarity with Corelog, GCT, CTI, ZF, etc
- Proven business development skills training (e.g. consultative selling)
- PC literacy
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of one additional language is preferred
Good reasons to join
Are you curious to work in a highly motivated team with the aim to bring innovative change to the organization?
We offer roles in development, training and systems support as well as continuous improvement and the key to success is teamwork.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 70,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com Learn more >>
Reference Number: req26983